Friday, December 08, 2006

THE STATE OF THE HATE

The state of the world today is nothing short of amazing.

It looks like the US is getting poised to change the whole way they engage the vile world of bullies and terrorism.

Things do not look good for liberty and democracy when the worlds most powerful nation throws in the towel. One should ask; what has become of the resolve and determination of the leading countries of the world. Is the evolution of dissolution a preordained preposition for empires? There seems no doubt that the great USA is faltering, teetering, on the brink. On the other hand, the forces of evil (yes dear reader there are certainly forces of great power and evil in the world) seem to be growing stronger, emboldened.

So what can we do? What should you do?

 

PRAY!!!

 

1 comment:

rama said...

Dear Friends

Greetings from Calcutta, India.

My name is V Ramaswamy, I am a 46 year old business executive, social
planner and grassroots organiser. Since 1996, I have been engaged in a community empowerment programme in Priya Manna Basti, a century old Muslim slum, in Howrah, near Calcutta. This inlcudes Talimi Haq School ("Right to Learning"), a non-formal learning centre for poor and working children. I
have also been involved in building communal amity and harmony between Hindu and Muslim in India.

In 1998-99, I worked in Jerusalem on the invitation of architect-planner Lou Gelehrter, of the Jerusalem Institute for the Urban Environment. Since then I have visited Israel in 2000 and again in 2003. I had the opportunity to
visit friends in the West Bank also. In 2003, I was in the company of musicians and young people.

I have been composing and singing devotional songs based on sacred texts (Sanskrit, Pali, Hebrew, Arabic), and I held a few performances accompanied by bassist Jean Claude Jones.

Through my experience in Calcutta and in Israel-Palestine, I have felt the need for inter-faith harmony efforts in India and Israel-Palestine to learn
from and draw upon one another.

I expect to be in Israel again, in August, to attend the conference on
"Education under Occupation" in Biet Jalla.

During my visit, if possible I would like to meet with and have a dialogue with people who are actively involved in peace and harmony initiatives in
Israel-Palestine.

I also also keen to share my songs with Israeli and Palestinian school
children and young people, and if possible have them learn and sing these together.

Hence I am writing to you!

I would be very happy to hear from you.

Thank you, and with best wishes and regards,

Yours sincerely

rama